The NSCF held its first Forum from the 18-20 October 2017 at Alpine Heath in the Drakensberg, KwaZulu-Natal. The Forum was attended by more than 150 staff from 16 institutions. The Forum Programme and the presentations by the participating institutions are provided here.
- New species of Mongrel Frogs described from northern Mozambique
- New species of wasp (Hymenoptera, Bethylidae) described from the Seychelles
- A new Species of the Hermit Crab from the KwaZulu-Natal coast, South Africa
- Four new earthworm species described
- New reed frog species discovered from north-eastern Mozambique