The NSCF was formally launched in the evening of the 17 October 2017 at Alpine Heath in the Drakensberg. Dr Daniel Adams, Chief Director for Research Infrastructure at the Department of Science & Technology, Dr Rampedi Mosibudi, CEO of SANBI, Mrs Mrs Nokulunga Mnqeta, Chair of SANBI’s Research, Development & Innovation Board Subcommittee, Prof Ramagwai Sebola, Chief Director of Biosystematics & Research Collections, and Prof Michelle Hamer, NSCF Champion were the official presenters for the event.
- Call for Travel Grants for Researchers to contribute to upgrading of natural science collections in South Africa
- New bristle worm described from South Africa
- New Discovery: First African fossils of Devonian tetrapods
- Three new species of southern African horseshoe bats
- New species of Mongrel Frogs described from northern Mozambique