The NSCF was formally launched in the evening of the 17 October 2017 at Alpine Heath in the Drakensberg. Dr Daniel Adams, Chief Director for Research Infrastructure at the Department of Science & Technology, Dr Rampedi Mosibudi, CEO of SANBI, Mrs Mrs Nokulunga Mnqeta, Chair of SANBI’s Research, Development & Innovation Board Subcommittee, Prof Ramagwai Sebola, Chief Director of Biosystematics & Research Collections, and Prof Michelle Hamer, NSCF Champion were the official presenters for the event.
- New species of Mongrel Frogs described from northern Mozambique
- New species of wasp (Hymenoptera, Bethylidae) described from the Seychelles
- A new Species of the Hermit Crab from the KwaZulu-Natal coast, South Africa
- Four new earthworm species described
- New reed frog species discovered from north-eastern Mozambique